We pay particular attention to confidentiality and the security of your personal data. This is why we seek to be fully transparent about the data concerning you (hereinafter your “Data”) that we collect, and in particular about their intended use, the people with whom we share them, and the rights you have.
Categories of Data Collected
We may collect the following Data:
- Identifying data such as salutation, surnames and first names, postal address, telephone number, date of birth, e-mail address and login details;
- Information relating to your purchases of products or services such as product registration information, warranty information, date of purchase, name of the retailer;
- Data on consumer satisfaction and experience feedback such as the results of satisfaction surveys and experience feedback from customers;
- Data collected when you visit our websites such as data collected through cookies and other data automatically collected to enable our websites to work, or data collected through information you disclose to us when you visit our websites (e.g. via contact forms, etc.);
- Device identification data such as commercial reference number, serial number, software version, MAC address, model, colour, etc;
- “Human Resources” data such as CV and covering letter when making an application via the Brandt Group website.
How we collect Data
We collect Data:
- from you or your representative when you purchase your product, from the registration of your product, a visit to our websites, activity on your account, ordering a service, participation in our campaigns such as our promotional operations or our games, from a comment on a product or the download and use of an application, or when making a request by telephone or e-mail to Customer Service;
- from our retailers;
- from our third-party service providers, suppliers and partners;
- from available public sources;
- from social media, e.g.: Facebook, if you choose to use Facebook for easier login to our websites / applications.
Use of your Data
We may use your Data for the following purposes:
- to register yourself or your device for a service;
- to provide you with information, a product or a service that you have requested;
- to offer you content such as user advice, hints and tips, recipes etc. and personalised services according to your previous activities in connection with our services, with your consent if necessary;
- for advertising purposes, e.g. to send you advertisements and promotional communications, with your consent if necessary;
- to ask for your opinion on our products and services and to carry out customer surveys, with your consent if necessary;
- to participate in development, testing, refinement and changes to our products and services;
- to provide assistance and repair services for your household appliances;
- to organise free games such as raffles, prize competitions or promotions;
- and for other purposes, subject to your authorisation.
We process your Data for the purposes described above in order to meet our contractual obligations, on the basis of legitimate interest, or after receiving your consent, which can be withdrawn at any time by contacting us via the means described in the “How to contact us” section or via an unsubscribe link on our newsletters, which shall have no bearing on the lawfulness of processing based on the consent given prior to withdrawal.
The Data we share
For the processing purposes outlined above, we may share or disclose your Data:
- with the French companies of the Brandt Group;
- with the service providers we use for repairs, customer service, customer support, advertising, customer satisfaction surveys, invoicing or sending e-mails in our name;
- to other recipients if we are obliged to do so by virtue of legal provisions, or enforceable judicial or administrative decisions;
- with a third party in the event of reorganisation, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment or other disposition, intended or actual, of all or part of our company, assets and shares.
When we share Data with a third party, we require them to protect and manage your Data in accordance with any legal, regulatory and contractual obligations or other instructions given by us.
Transfer of your Data outside the European Union (“EU”) / European Economic Area (EEA)
Your Data may be transferred to a non-EU/EEA country. which may not offer a level of data protection equivalent to that of the proposed by the EU/EEA. We have adopted appropriate guarantees and protective measures for such cross-border transfers, in accordance with the law, including the use of the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission, Codes of Conduct and/or Binding Company Rules. You can request a copy of these documents by contacting us at the address given in the paragraph “How to contact us”.
You have the following rights:
- Right to information about your Data: we will provide you, at your request, with information about the Data in our possession concerning you.
- Right to correct and add to your Data: we will correct any incorrect information about you, if you notify us of the error. We will made additions to the incomplete Data, if you inform us of the additions, provided that the Data in question is necessary for the intended purposes of the processing of your Data.
- Right to delete your Data: we will delete the information in our possession concerning you, upon your request. However, some Data will be deleted only subject to a defined retention period, if we are for example legally obliged to retain the Data in certain cases or to fulfil our contractual obligations towards you.
- Right to have your Data blocked: in certain cases provided for by law, we will block your data if you wish us to do so. The blocked Data will be subject to further processing to only a very limited extent.
- Right to withdraw your consent: you can at any time withdraw the consent you have given for the processing of your data without retroactive effect. The lawfulness of the processing of your Data will not be affected until the time at which you withdraw your consent.
- Right to object to the processing of your Data: you may at any time oppose the processing of your Data, without retroactive effect.
- Right to Data Portability: at your request, we can make certain information available to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Right to appeal to a regulatory authority: you are entitled to make a data protection complaint to a data protection authority. To do so, please contact the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (French National Commission for Data Protection) (CNIL).
For any questions and/or to exercise your rights, please refer to the section “How to contact us”.
Please note that if you exercise such rights, it may impact our ability to provide you with certain services and that Data will remain in our records and archives for a certain period of time, in accordance with the applicable law, but we will not use this information for commercial purposes.
Security of your Data
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures in accordance with the applicable Data Protection laws, including requiring our service providers, business partners or professional advisers to apply appropriate measures to protect your Data.
Retention of your Data
We will retain your Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes of collection. This means that the Data will be destroyed or deleted from our systems when they are no longer needed.
We take appropriate steps to ensure that your personal Data are processed and stored according to the following methodology:
- at least the length of time for which the information is used to provide you with a service;
- as required by law, contract, or in accordance with our legal obligations; or
- the time required for their treatment only, or longer if the applicable law requires it, or if necessary under any contract or for statistical purposes, subject to appropriate safeguards.
When visiting our websites, information about your navigation is likely to be saved in files “cookies” installed on your device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.).
How to contact us
The party responsible for processing your Data is Brandt France, with the exception of the www.groupebrandt.com website, for which the data controller is Brandt Group.
For all enquiries related to an application:
- to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
at the following postal address:
Directeur des Ressources Humaines
(Director of Human Resources)
89 Franklin Roosevelt Boulevard
92854 Rueil-Malmaison Cedex, France
For all other requests, please use the following e-mail address:
at the following postal address:
Parc d’activités des Béthunes
5 avenue des Béthunes
Saint Ouen L’Aumône
95060 CERGY PONTOISE CEDEX, FRANCE
We may update this policy from time to time. All changes to this policy will be effective as of the date of their publication, or as required by law.
This document was last updated on 25 November 2019